Franciscan University is planning for the arrival of our new students for Orientation Weekend on August 20-23. We cannot wait to welcome our new students into Franciscan’s one-of-a-kind intellectual and faith community. This fall’s Orientation will likely be more unique than ever as we make adjustments related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Here’s what we know right now:
- New Student Orientation is still scheduled to begin on Thursday, August 20.
- New resident students will move into their residence halls that day on a staggered schedule throughout the entire day.
- Our first Orientation session for all new students will be on Thursday evening.
- Parents and siblings are normally welcome to join their new students throughout the weekend—this year we will need to limit the number of family members that will be allowed to join each new student during Orientation activities. We will be sharing more about these limits later in the summer.
- New students will likely be required to have their temperatures and symptoms checked upon arrival.
- We will do everything we can to provide the same information and assistance and family-like atmosphere that has always marked our Orientation Weekends—but this might happen a bit differently than it has in the past.
- We will communicate more information as it becomes more clear throughout the rest of the summer. Some of the details for the weekend might not be worked out until August as we adjust to changing circumstances and to evolving regulations and guidance from various entities.
- We are very excited for our new students to arrive!
Thanks for your patience and understanding. Please do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected] with any questions.